- Current Mood: annoyed
- Current Music:local news
I also got a call from another RL friend asking me if I could start watching her kids on a regular basis while she's at work. I love her little girls, they are ornery but really sweet, so I said 'why not?' She also said she'd pay me so I won't pretend that's not a bonus. *grins* I told her I wasn't asking for a whole lot. I'm going to meet her on Sunday to discuss the details. She lives in North Kansas City now, so depending on whether I can get there and back easily, she suggested I just stay there on the nights I'm supposed to watch the girls. There would be pros and cons to that arrangement so....I'd have to think about that.
I'm feeling pretty sleepy but I know that I won't sleep for another 3 or 4 hours. I really hate when my body does that. I woke up pretty late today. My sleep schedule's been all screwed up for a few days now, but it seems to me that I don't really fall asleep until the hour I got up. So let's say I go to bed around 3 in the morning. I won't wake up until 3 to 3:30 in the afternoon, and won't get to bed again til that same hour. This is because I don't have to get up at a certain time. At least until Monday. /Then/ I have to get up mucho early. Like 5 am. I haven't had to get up that early since high school. Dios mio. This will be an interesting 9 weeks. (Or more. My friend's job is a temp until they decide whether they'll hire her full time or not.)
- Current Mood: hopeful
- Current Music:Madonna-Spanish Lesson
So, desala, your LiveJournal reveals...
You are... 2% unique (blame, for example, your interest in rachell lutrell) and 34% herdlike (partly because you, like everyone else, enjoy video games). When it comes to friends you are popular. In terms of the way you relate to people, you believe in give and take. Your writing style (based on a recent public entry) is intellectual.
Your overall weirdness is: 18
(The average level of weirdness is: 29.
You are weirder than 37% of other LJers.)
Find out what your weirdness level is!
I'm herdlike. Don't know if I should be worried or not.
- Current Mood: thoughtful
- Current Music:Steven Curtis Chapman-Cinderella
I don't think you'll have to read the article to know how bizarre this baby's name is. o.O Ickett? really?? MIA, i love you girl, but do you WANT your kid to be picked on? Dios mio.
- Current Mood: confused
Okay, so I'm an idiot. I've been wondering why I hadn't been getting my LJ comments. That's because it was under an email address that i barely check. I have no idea why I changed it or when. So...anyone who left me comments and I didn't see them...until now...I'm sorry! Don't kill me! I'll change it back. *laughs*
That is all.
- Current Mood: embarrassed
- Current Music:Madonna-Voices
I recieved a card last week from the company that bought the company i worked for last year. Centerplate is now Aramark, apparently.... I don't know all the details yet. Aramark invited all former Centerplate employees to apply again with them. I'm wary yet hopeful of this oppurtunity. I said to myself I would not work for them again but I do need work so I shall try again with them. So tommorow I'll go talk with them and we'll see how things work out from there.
Edit: I don't know if anyone noticed but the meme I stole from Lyndasty was the wrong one. I copied her entry and planned to erase her answers and replace it with mine to post and I put hers up instead! Eeep! *laughs*
- Current Mood: thoughtful
- Current Music:Chris Brown songs in my head...ironically...
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I'm sure I made a resolution, but for the life of me, I don't remember what it was.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
My own place, my high school diploma
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 16th-the Sunday I started going back to church
March 28th-Losing my job with the cleaning crew
June 26th-My birthday
July 8th- Leaving on the bus to Joplin to start working for the carnival
October 13th-The day I lost my job with the carnival, coming back from Rogers, Arkansas
November 1st-Broke up with Todd.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Keeping it together.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Inability to keep a job.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a nasty cold from a couple days after i got back from Arkansas til about the last week in November.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The Bucket List DVD, my Rihanna CDs.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friend Rhonda for getting a car and getting her life together.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My last boss.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, savings, entertainment
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting my new job in July.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Undo-Rush of Fools
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Unemployed, single.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Wish I had kept a job.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Hurt people's feelings.
20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Honestly, looking back....no.
21. What was your favorite TV program?
Stargate Atlantis, Stargate SG1, NCIS, Boston Legal
22. Do you hate/dislike anyone now that you didn't hate/dislike this time last year?
23. What was the best book you read?
Basket Case by Carl Hiaasen.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
25. What did you want and get?
To push the boundaries and try something new.
26. What did you want and not get?
A lasting romantic relationship.
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Spent time with my family and my then boyfriend. 22.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Kept the two relationships that I treasured a lot.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
31. What kept you sane?
My family, my friends.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Rihanna, Billie Piper, Paul McGillion.
33. Who did you miss?
Todd, Rhonda, Desi, Jontue, Kendra, Lynn, KT, hell my whole flist while I was away.
34. Who was the best new person you met?
Rhonda, Lynn, Jon.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Watch what you do very carefully because it may cost you a lot.
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
undo what I've become
- Current Mood: blah
Hello hello! I'm officially laid off until either March 5th or the 12th.
Feb.-.Hope you all had a good Valentine's day, and I do mean that sincerely. :)
March-Okay. Soooo....my boss called me back and said I still have a job.
April-OK I was going to go to a job fair today but I over-slept.
may-My mother is in the kitchen right now, no doubt tapping her foot waiting for me to get off the computer (as she asked me a few minutes ago)
june-i'm now employed.
july-I am thrilled right now.
august-I'm at the Johnson County Library right now.
sept-voice post saying hi it's me, sorry i haven't checked in...blah blah blah
dec-Hi it's me...I really don't know what provoked me to write in here after all this time.
I just got back from my aunt and uncle's christmas party, it was lovely as usual. Oh man, they can cook their asses off! I wish I could have taken home some rhubarb and pecan pie....YUM! :D
OK, well I hope everyone has a wonderful day! *waves*
- Current Mood: okay
It's too quiet here, even with music on. Back in Rogers, Arkansas, where I was last at, we got our power from a wonky generator attached to a back of a semi. The motherfucker was loud, and it fried almost everyone's TVs the first night we were there, including mine. But I had gotten used to it in the background, and during work, the sound of the crowd and the even louder generator that provided power to the rides and such. When I stopped at walmart on the way home the crowd made me feel, well I guess normal because every night we made wal mart runs. It was where we got most of our stuff. Of course I did that back home too but I didn't do it all the time like I did when I was on the road. Back here I didn't have money, and I had at least 10 bucks on me every night when I was gone.
It was an interesting journey. I have various things I've found at fairs that I'm going to make into a little scrapbook. Mainly fair ads, newspaper clippings about the events I worked, cards for people running for various positions, things like that. Just to say I was there. I have only one picture, and it's of two of the ride jocks setting up the Ferris wheel. I don't have much money on me now, like 15 bucks. Better than nothing.
So it's back to job hunting. Not looking forward to it but I have no choice. It is good to be talking with friends again and hanging with Todd though, I will say that. So coming home early isn't all bad.
I'm pooped. I'll be hitting the sack soon, and hard. G'night.
- Current Mood: exhausted